Windows 7 Login Freeze/Flicker Error

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Windows 7 Login Freeze/Flicker Error Tube. Duration : 2.87 Mins.


Having a problem with a HP laptop. As you can see in the video, it will not startup past that screen and the flickering does not cease. Will only load in safe mode, safe mode w/network, and cmd prompt. I have loaded the System Recovery but fails to restore the system when I try to at any of the restore checkpoints. The error from the restore says it Failed to load an original of a specific file in a program. I have ran check disk, memory test, bios diagnostics, and only the diagnostic tests that I can run in safe mode. All test came back with zero errors. And unable to check the drivers of display adapters because of safe mode. I have tried to run a clean boot, with everything but Microsoft services disabled at start up. Still does not work. I have tried to start in boot logging mode and view the ntbtlog.txt but after the boot fails at the same part in the video, I reboot and open a command prompt, but the log was not created or updated so I can not go through and try to pinpoint if a particle service, or startup might be causing the problem. I have connected another monitor to see if it was the laptop display. It continued to flicker on the connected monitor. I do not know whether it is a software issue or a hardware issue. I can do basic functions in safe mode and there is no issue with the startup or the screen flickering at all. The only other option that I know to do is try and restore the laptop back to factory. I have not done that yet because I am trying to ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2012 Laptop Adapters

CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED �AS IS� AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.